The Emirates Water and Electricity Company (EWEC) has signed a PPA for the 2-GW Al Dhafra solar project in the UAE at a record-low tariff of AED 0.0497 (USD 0.0135/EUR 0.0116) per kWh. The project was won by a consortium comprising Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA) and Masdar with a combined 60% stake, and France’s EDF SA (EPA:EDF) and China's Jinko Power Technology holding the remaining 40%. Read more..
-- Germany's Enovos, Solar-Konzept agree PPA for 100 GWh of solar
Germany’s Enovos Deutschland GmbH will be purchasing electricity from a 20-MWp solar park that compatriot Solar-Konzept will build in the state of Bavaria. Read more..
-- Applied Materials to go 100% renewable, inks wind PPA with Apex
Applied Materials Inc (NASDAQ:AMAT), which makes equipment used in the production of solar cells, will be one of the off-takers of Apex Clean Energy’s 500-MW White Mesa wind project in Texas. Read more..
-- Ball unveils VPPAs for 93 MW of European wind power
US aluminium packaging provider Ball Corporation (NYSE:BLL) has two European virtual power purchase agreements (VPPAs) in place that are tied to 93.4 MW of wind capacity. Read more..
One of the VPPAs has been signed with Falck Renewables SpA (BIT:FKR) for 70% of the electricity generated by a 74.10-MW wind park in Sweden. Read more..
-- Microsoft, Sol Systems clinch 500-MW solar PPA
Microsoft Corp (NASDAQ:MSFT) will be buying electricity from more than 500 MW of solar photovoltaic (PV) parks that Sol Systems will install across the US. Read more..
-- Engie to buy power from 87.5 MW of Wpd wind farms in Poland
Wpd Europe GmbH, part of German renewables developer Wpd AG, will be selling electricity to ENGIE Zielona Energia from 87.5 MW of onshore wind parks in Poland. Read more..
-- Origis Energy clinches PPA for Florida solar-plus-storage project
Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRU), a municipal electric utility in Florida, will be the off-taker of a 50-MW solar park with an integrated storage component that will be built by Origis Energy. Read more..
-- NIPSCO seals solar PPAs for 300 MW with NextEra
Northern Indiana Public Service Company LLC (NIPSCO), a subsidiary of US utility NiSource Inc (NYSE:NI), has concluded off-take deals with NextEra Energy Resources LLC involving around 300 MW of solar capacity in Indiana. Read more..
-- Brazilian Grupo Moura signs wind PPA with Casa dos Ventos
Battery manufacturer Grupo Moura has signed an off-take contract with Brazilian wind projects developer Casa dos Ventos to buy electricity generated by the 504-MW Rio do Vento wind complex. Read more..