India lends USD 75 million to Cuba for solar plant construction

Solar power plant. Source: Facebook Inc

January 3 (Renewables Now) - Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has provided a government supported credit line of USD 75 million (EUR 68m) to Cuba so it could finance the construction of photovoltaic (PV) systems totalling 75 MW, the Reserve Bank of India announced earlier this week.

The agreement between Exim Bank and Banco Exterior De Cuba, which is Cuba's nominated agency, was signed in July and came into effect on December 12, the central bank noted. The terminal utilisation period is 60 months after the project's completion date.

As part of the credit deal, at least 75% of the value of goods, works and services should come from India, while the remaining 25% can come from outside India.

(USD 1.0 = EUR 0.909)

Join Renewables Now's free daily newsletter now!

More stories to explore
Share this story
About the author

Before joining Renewables Now, Alex was a UK-focused business news reporter. Now she is covering global news from the renewable energy industry with a special interest in M&A.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription