Yingli Green to ship 3 MW of PV modules for Chinese project
Jul 18, 2014 - Chinese firm Yingli Green Energy Holding Co Ltd (NYSE:YGE) said Thursday it would ship 3 MW of photovoltaic (PV) modules for a demonstration distributed generation project in eastern China.
More specifically, the company will deliver about 12,000 multicyrstalline modules that will be installed at the roof of a logistics complex in Wuhan city, Hebei province.
Construction of the solar park will be initiated in September and is to be completed in five months. When up and running, the plant is expected to produce 39 million kWh of electricity each year. Of the total output, about 80% will be used by the logistics centre, while the remaining 20% will be supplied to the local power grid.
Yingli Green, also known as Yingli Solar, on Tuesday said that its Spanish arm had won an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) order from state-owned utility Societe Nationaled'Electricite de Senegal, or Senelec, to co-develop a 2-MW solar project in Dakar, Senegal. Yingli will also supply equipment for the project, the construction of which will start this month. The facility is expected to be switched on by November.
Veselina Petrova is one of Renewables Now's most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.