•  
  •  
  •  

Voltalia seals 150-MW wind power sale contract in Brazil

Wind park in Brazil. Author: Fotos GOVBA. License: Creative Commons, Attribution 2.0 Generic

March 20 (Renewables Now) - French renewables company Voltalia SA (EPA:VLTSA) has inked a 20-year power sale contract with an unnamed Brazilian utility, allowing for the construction of the 150-MW VSM 3 wind park.

The new wind park, which is already under construction, is expected to start power generation during the fourth quarter of this year, with full commissioning scheduled for the second quarter of 2021. Voltalia holds 90% of VSM 3, while the remaining 10% is owned by a local partner.

Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (BME:SGRE) is supplying the wind turbines. Voltalia has also contracted Dois A Engenharia e Tecnologia Ltda, Seta Engenharia SA and WEG SA (BVMF:WEGE3).

The company noted that this latest project is the new addition to its 2.4 GW Serra Branca wind and solar cluster, the world's largest of its kind. At present, the site has 379 MW in operation, 917 MW under construction and 329 MW secured through long-term power sales contracts, plus over 700 MW of projects under development.

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Lucas Morais

Lucas is based in Brazil. He joined Renewables Now to expand coverage of the Ibero-American market, a highly attractive destination for green energy investment.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription