The municipalities of Rio Grande do Norte that generate wind power will receive a larger share of the ICMS tax on good and services next year, local daily Tribuna do Norte reports.
For the 2016 index definition, the State Secretariat of Taxation took into account the economic activity in the period between January 2013 and December 2014.
With the new policy, cities like Bodo can jump from the 133 place to the 24th on the ICMS gain ranking, an increase of 251.7%.
The state government retains 75% of the income collected through the ICMS. The remaining 25% are shared between the municipalities.
Choose your newsletter by Renewables Now. Join for free!
You have run out of free articles this month. Get more for free
Renewables account for 92% of Brazil's power produciton in 2022
Enel Green Power smashes record with 5.2 GW of new renewables in 2022
EDPR closes 260-MW wind portfolio sale to Brazilian Copel
Brazil okays Casa dos Ventos, TotalEnergies 12-GW renewables JV
SPIC Brasil secures funds for part of 105-MW wind complex
Brazil expects 10.3 GW of new capacity in 2023, mainly wind and solar
Lucas is based in Brazil. He joined Renewables Now to expand coverage of the Ibero-American market, a highly attractive destination for green energy investment.