•  
  •  
  •  

Thai Solar Energy to buy 5-MW solar park

Solar park in Thailand. Featured Image: topten22photo/Shutterstock.com

August 14 (Renewables Now) - Bangkok-based renewables company Thai Solar Energy PCL (BKK:TSE) said today it plans to acquire the operator of a 5-MW ground-mounted solar park in Udornthani province.

A unit of TSE called Solar Visible Co Ltd will buy a 49% stake in the operator of the above-mentioned plant, BS Solar Energy Co Ltd (BSE), this quarter. Then, by the end of the first quarter of 2022, it will acquire the remaining 51% stake. The total investment is estimated at THB 219 million (USD 7.1m/EUR 6.4m).

According to the statement, the solar park in question has a power purchase agreement (PPA) with the Provincial Electricity Authority that stipulates the sale of the plant’s output at a feed-in tariff (FiT) of THB 4.12 per kWh over a period of 25 years.

(THB 10 = USD 0.324/EUR 0.290)

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Ivan Shumkov

Ivan is the mergers and acquisitions expert in Renewables Now with a passion for big deals and ambitious capacity plans.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription