•  
  •  
  •  

Scatec Solar to build 47 MW of PV parks in Ukraine

Source: Scatec Solar. License: All Rights Reserved.

July 4 (Renewables Now) - Norway’s Scatec Solar ASA (OSL:SSO) has partnered with fellow solar developer Rengy Development to realise three photovoltaic (PV) projects in Ukraine with a combined capacity of 47 MW.

Scatec Solar has agreed to take a 51% stake in the projects, leaving 49% for its partner. Together, they will build three solar power plants on leased public land in the southern region of Mykolaiv. The solar parks will receive support under a 10-year feed-in tariff (FiT) scheme.

The pair estimates the total cost of the three projects at about EUR 52 million (USD 60.5m). Scatec Solar noted that the project finance process has already been initiated and that the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is leading it. The company expects financial close the be achieved and construction work to start later this year.

Once completed in 2019, the three solar parks will be generating some 58 GWh of electricity per year. Scatec Solar will operate and maintain the facilities once they go online.

Including those projects, Scatec Solar now has 130 MW under the FiT scheme in Ukraine.

(EUR 1.0 = USD 1.164)

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Ivan Shumkov

Ivan is the mergers and acquisitions expert in Renewables Now with a passion for big deals and ambitious capacity plans.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription