Petrobras, Eletrobras get regulator nod to commercially operate Mangue Seco 2 wind park
(SeeNews) – Sep 27, 2011 - Brazil's energy sector watchdog Aneel yesterday cleared the commercial operation of the Mangue Seco 2 wind park of federal oil and gas giant Petrobras (SAO:PETR3) and power holding company Eletrobras (SAO:ELET6).
All 13 turbines of the plant, with 2 MW of installed capacity each, were allowed to start operations.
Mangue Seco 2 is located in the Guimara municipality, in the Rio Grande do Norte state.
Petrobras has a 51% stake in the wind park, while Eletrobras holds the remaining 49%.