•  
  •  
  •  

Omega Geracao to acquire 50 MW of wind in Brazil

Wind farm in Brazil. Author: Otávio Nogueira. License: Creative Commons, Attribution 2.0 Generic.

December 30 (Renewables Now) - Brazilian renewable energy company Omega Geracao SA said on Friday it has signed a deal to acquire 50 MW of wind parks in Bahia state.

Omega is buying CEA III - Centrais Eolicas Assurua III SPE SA, holder of the 25-MW Laranjeiras III and IX parks, from Fundo de Investimentos em Participacoes em Infraestrutura Energias Renovaveis (FIP IEER), the investment fund of Companhia de Energias Renovaveis (CER). It will pay about BRL 20 million (USD 4.9m/EUR 4.4m) in cash for a 10% stake in CEA III and transfer 5 million of its own shares for the remaining 90%.

Laranjeiras III and IX were awarded power purchase agreements (PPAs) in the 2014 A-5 energy auctions at BRL 179.92 per MWh and BRL 180.14 per MWh, respectively.

The deal is subject to customary closing conditions, including creditor’s consent, Omega noted.

(BRL 1 = USD 0.248/EUR 0.222)

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Lucas Morais

Lucas is based in Brazil. He joined Renewables Now to expand coverage of the Ibero-American market, a highly attractive destination for green energy investment.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription