Motor Oil, PPC to create green hydrogen JV in Greece

Hydrogen tanks. Source: US Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy

January 17 (Renewables Now) - Greek utility PPC SA (ATH:PPC) and domestic petroleum refiner Motor Oil Hellas (FRA:MHZ) last week unveiled plans to set up a joint venture (JV) dedicated to the development of green hydrogen projects at home.

The companies have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to form a new entity that will be 51%-held by Motor Oil. PPC said in a bourse filing on Thursday it will own the remaining 49%.
The new company will be involved in the development of green hydrogen generation and storage projects in Greece. It will have access to the PPC’s energy production from renewable sources and use Motoi Oil’s experience from being one of the largest energy groups in the country.

The partners pointed out that the JV will support Greece's goal to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.

Join Renewables Now's free daily newsletter now!

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Veselina Petrova

Veselina Petrova is one of Renewables Now's most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription
\