Moroccan electricity and water utility company ONEE has received final offers from all five consortia bidding in the 850 MW wind power tender, it said in a press release on Saturday.
ONEE has proceeded with the public opening of the technical and industrial offers and will now follow up with a detailed evaluation by a team of experts. Once the technical evaluation has been concluded, the financial offers will be opened as well to determine the winning bids.
Moroccan daily Matin eco cited an unnamed high-ranking official from ONEE as saying that the process will be finalised by the end of the year and contracts will be awarded in the first quarter of 2016.
The 850 MW tender includes five projects -- the 150 MW Tanger 2 in the northern part of the country, 300 MW at Tiskrad, Laayoune, 200 MW at Jbel Lahdid, Essaouira, 100 MW near Boujdour, and 100 MW at Midelt, some 400 km east of Casablanca. Commissioning of the projects is expected in the 2017-2020 time slot.
The five shortlisted consortia are as follows in alphabetical order.
1) Acciona Energia and Acciona Wind Power of Spain;
2) French EDF Energies Nouvelles with Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC), Fipar Holding of Morocco, and Alstom Wind of Spain;
3) Saudi group International Company for Water and Power Project (ACWA Power) in cooperation with Gamesa Eolica Sl;
4) UK's International Power PLC (Engie group) with International Power LTD (UAE) and Vestas France SAS;
5) and, Moroccan Nareva Holding with Enel Green Power and Siemens Wind Power AS.
Choose your newsletter by Renewables Now. Join for free!