•  
  •  
  •  

Innergex commissions 250-MW solar plant in Texas

Solar plant. Photo by: First Solar (www.firstsolar.com)

November 20 (Renewables Now) - Canada’s Innergex Renewable Energy Inc (TSE:INE) on Tuesday said that the commissioning of its 250-MW Phoebe photovoltaic (PV) farm in Texas has been concluded.

The Phoebe solar park, which consists of 768,000 First Solar panels grouped in seven blocks with a total direct current (DC) capacity of 315 MW, is currently the biggest solar plant in operation in Texas, Innergex said.

The facility is expected to produce enough electricity to supply over 50,000 households a year. It is to sell 89% of the power it generates to Shell Energy North America at a fixed price under a 12-year power purchase agreement (PPA), with the remaining 11% receiving a merchant market price. 

The solar farm's construction costs are estimated at a total of USD 397 million (EUR 359m). It qualifies for a 30% federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC).

(USD1.0 = EUR 0.90)

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author

Before joining Renewables Now, Alex was a UK-focused business news reporter. Now she is covering global news from the renewable energy industry with a special interest in M&A.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription