Enel Green Power Spain inks 10-year hybrid VPPA with Johnson & Johnson

The Sierra Costera I wind farm in Spain. Source: Enel Green Power Espana

July 13 (Renewables Now) - Enel Green Power’s outpost in Spain has signed a ten-year virtual power purchase agreement (VPPA) with US healthcare group Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), linking the contract to 104 MW of new wind and solar generation capacity.

The “pan-European agreement” is structured around 270 GWh per year, to be produced by two wind farms and one solar park in Spain, Italian utility group Enel SpA (BIT:ENEL) said Tuesday.

The VPPA will take effect in January 2023.

Under the arrangement, 85% of the supported power will come from the Campillo II and III wind farms, two pieces of a cluster in Cuenca province that will begin construction in the final quarter of 2021. The remaining 15% will be provided by the 47-MW Veracruz solar PV farm that Enel Green Power Espana is building in the Badajoz province of Spain.

The present VPPA and other Johnson & Johnson’s agreements will enable the health group achieve the equivalent of 100% renewable power in Europe by 2023, Enel said.

More stories to explore
Share this story
Newsletter
Tags
 
About the author

Sladjana has significant experience as a Spain-focused business news reporter and is now diving deeper into the global renewable energy industry. She is the person to seek if you need information about Latin American renewables and the Spanish market.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription
\