•  
  •  
  •  

Brazil's Petrobras starts sale of 52 MW of wind assets

Wind turbines in Brazil. Author: josep. License: Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic.

March 16 (Renewables Now) - Brazilian state-run oil and gas giant Petrobras (BVMF:PETR4) said on Friday it is initiating the joint process of divesting its stakes in the holding companies for two wind farms totalling 52 MW.

The oil giant owns a 49% stake in Eolica Mangue Seco 3 and 4, while the remaining 51% of the shares are held by Wobben Windpower Industria e Comercio Ltda. According to the company's teaser, the sale will be carried out together with Wobben through a competitive process aiming for the total divestment of the wind farms.

Located in Guamare municipality, Rio Grande do Norte state, the two 26-MW plants are part of a 104-MW wind power complex comprised of four parks in total. On January 31, 2020, Petrobras commenced the sale of the other two wind farms, Mangue Seco 1 and Mangue Seco 2.

Potential investors can find more information about the assets and the eligibility criteria for the purchase on Petrobras' website: https://www.investidorpetrobras.com.br/en/results-and-notices/teasers

The move aligns with Petrobras' goal of optimising its portfolio and improving its capital allocation, the company noted.

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Lucas Morais

Lucas is based in Brazil. He joined Renewables Now to expand coverage of the Ibero-American market, a highly attractive destination for green energy investment.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription