•  
  •  
  •  

Brazil's CADE okays Omega Geracao's purchase of 50-MW wind park

Brazil's Copel Cutia Wind Complex in Rio Grande do Norte

February 18 (Renewables Now) - Brazil's Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) approved without restrictions the acquisition by Brazilian renewable energy company Omega Geracao SA of the 50-MW Assurua III Wind Complex.

According to the document, Omega is buying 100% of the shares held by Fundo de Investimentos em Participacoes em Infraestrutura Energias Renovaveis (FIP IEER) in CEA III - Centrais Eolicas Assurua III SPE SA. CEA III is the owner of Parque Eolico Laranjeiras III SA and Parque Eolico Laranjeiras IX SA, which in turn are the companies behind two projects that make up the Assurua III complex.

Omega stated previously that it will pay BRL 20 million (USD 4.6m/EUR 4.2m) in cash for a 10% stake in CEA III and transfer 5 million of its own shares for the remaining 90%. The wind complex has power purchase agreements (PPAs) secured in the 2014 A-5 energy auction, Omega noted.

(BRL 1 = USD 0.231/EUR 0.213)

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Lucas Morais

Lucas is based in Brazil. He joined Renewables Now to expand coverage of the Ibero-American market, a highly attractive destination for green energy investment.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription