Aneel okays test operation of further four units of Cerro Chato I wind park
Nov 4, 2011 - Brazil's energy watchdog Aneel yesterday authorised the test operation of four more turbines of the EOL Cerro Chato I wind power park.
The turbines have a total 8 MW of installed capacity.
The wind park is located in the Santana do Livramento city of southernmost Rio Grande do Sul state.
Eletrosul, a subsidiary of Brazil's state-run power holding company Eletrobras (SAO:ELET6), owns 90% in Eolica Cerro Chato SA, the special purpose entity (SPE) in charge of the installation and operation of the undertaking. Wobben, the local wind turbine maker of German Enercon, holds the remaining 10%.