•  
  •  
  •  

Siemens Gamesa confirms turbine order for 208-MW wind farm in Norway

Siemens Gamesa wind turbine. Photo taken from Siemens' website (www.siemens.com).

August 10 (Renewables Now) - Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (BME:SGRE) today confirmed an order to deliver turbines for the 208-MW Tonstad wind project in Norway.

The project is majority owned by Swiss investment manager Susi Partners AG, with an 80% stake, while the remaining 20% are held by French electric utility Engie SA (EPA:ENGI). It will create one of the largest wind parks in Norway, Siemens Gamesa said.

Under the contract, the turbine manufacturer will supply 51 units of its SWT-DD-142 machines, with installation set to begin next year. The plant will be located in the municipalities of Sirdal and Flekkefjord in southern Norway.

Apart from being the project developer, Engie will manage the wind park’s construction and will provide operational support following commissioning. Its performance will be overseen by Siemens Gamesa under a full-service agreement.

Hydro Energi, a unit of Norwegian aluminium producer Norsk Hydro ASA, will buy 100% of the wind farm's output under a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA) that runs from 2020 to 2045. The generated electricity is expected to exceed 0.6 TWh per year and will be used for powering Hydro's aluminium plants in Norway.

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
About the author
Browse all articles from Veselina Petrova

Veselina Petrova is one of SeeNews Renewables most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription