Poland plans EUR-139m grants for smart grid and clean energy projects - report
(ADPnews) - Nov 25, 2010 - Polish National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management considers to award PLN 550 million (USD 186.2m/EUR 139m) for smart grid and green energy projects in 2011-2018, Polish daily Rzeczpospolita reported on Wednesday.
The subsidies will be extended under a new programme to support energy efficiency. Work on the programme is at an advanced stage and it is scheduled to be launched in the second half of 2011, according to the fund's president Jan Raczka.
Rzeczpospolita said as much as 65% of the planned funding will be allocated for smart grids development and the remaining 35% will go to renewable energy projects.
The fund will initially select regions eligible for the aid and then chose projects in these regions.