•  
  •  
  •  

Neoen inks support agreement for Aussie wind/storage project

Signing of the BGPH support agreement. Photo by: Neoen (www.neoen.com).

January 3 (Renewables Now) - French renewable energy company Neoen has struck a support agreement for a 204.4-MW wind farm combined with a 20-MW battery storage in the Australian state of Victoria.

The so called support agreement, a mechanism for ensuring revenue certainty for renewable energy projects, was awarded by the government of Victoria. It concerns the Bulgana Green Power Hub (BGPH) near Stawell that will feature a 204.4-MW wind park and a 20-MW/34-MWh lithium-ion battery.

The complex will use turbines supplied by Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (BME:SGRE) and battery storage by Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA), providing baseload equivalent power to Nectar Farms’s glasshouse facility. The local agribusiness will take up to 15% of BGPH’s output, while the remaining 85% will be fed into the power grid.

The project is seen to support the Victorian Renewable Energy Target (VRET) scheme under which the state aims to reach a 40% renewable energy share by 2025. The renewable power target for 2020 is 25%.

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
About the author
Browse all articles from Veselina Petrova

Veselina Petrova is one of SeeNews Renewables most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription