Huaneng Power gets go-ahead for 48-MW wind park in Hubei
Dec 23, 2013 - Chinese power producer Huaneng Power International Inc (HKG:0902) said Monday it had secured the green light from the Development and Reform Commission for a 48-MW wind farm plan in China’s Hubei province.
The Jieshan wind project is calling for an investment of CNY 428 million (USD 70.5m/EUR 51.5m). Huaneng said it would cover 20% of the project costs with internal funds, while it will use loans for the remaining 80%. Further details were not disclosed.
Huaneng Power, which is among the biggest power producers in China, generates electricity from various sources, including wind and hydropower. Earlier this month it received the thumbs-up from the Development and Reform Commission of Anhui province for a 50-MW wind project.