•  
  •  
  •  

Germany's Merkur offshore wind farm changes ownership

Offshore wind farm. Author: Beverley Goodwin. License: Creative Commons, Attribution 2.0 Generic

May 15 (Renewables Now) - Dutch pension fund APG and The Renewables Infrastructure Group Ltd (LON:TRIG) have taken full ownership of the 396-MW Merkur wind farm in German waters.

This was announced by Belgian offshore marine engineering firm DEME Group, which through its subsidiary DEME Concessions unloaded its 12.5% stake in the project company for some EUR 62 million (USD 67m).

As previously announced, Merkur Offshore GmbH will be 64%-owned by APG Asset Management NV, leaving 36% to TRIG, a private fund advised by InfraRed Capital Partners.

APG and TRIG have acquired Merkur Offshore GmbH from a consortium of Partners Group, DEME, GE Energy Financial Services, ADEME and a private fund separately managed by InfraRed. Following the completion of the transaction, which was cleared by the European Commission (EC) in March, TRIG has committed to sell down part of the newly-acquired interest to minority co-investors managed by InfraRed and keep around 25% in Merkur.

Located some 35 km (22 miles) north of the island of Borkum, in the German North Sea, the Merkur wind farm uses 66 GE Haliade-150 6-MW offshore wind turbines that were brought online in June 2019. The power plant is supported by a feed-in-tariff (FiT) remuneration through 2033.

(EUR 1.0 = USD 1.080)

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Veselina Petrova

Veselina Petrova is one of Renewables Now's most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription