•  
  •  
  •  

Germany's Hohe See offshore wind park lauds 1st power

Hohe See offshore wind park. Image by Tony Cato. Source: Fred Olsen Windcarrier AS.

July 17 (Renewables Now) - Germany’s EnBW Energie Baden Wuerttemberg AG (ETR:EBK) on Tuesday said that first power has been generated from its 497-MW Hohe See wind farm in German waters.

The electricity from the plant’s first Siemens Gamesa SWT-7.0-154 turbine was fed into the power grid on July 15, while installation of the other machines proceeds. EnBW is building Hohe See simultaneously with the 112-MW Albatros wind park north of the island of Borkum, in the North Sea, and has so far put up 49 of the complex’s 87 turbines.

The German utility said that on average, two turbines are put into operation each day, if weather permits. It plans to bring online all 87 turbines at the 609-MW complex by the end of 2019.

Turbine installation at Hohe See and Albatros started in early April 2019 by two vessels, Brave Tern and Blue Tern, provided by Fred. Olsen Windcarrier AS. Once fully operational, the wind farms will be able to produce enough power to meet the demand of all the private households in Munich.

EnBW owns the two schemes together with Canada's Enbridge Inc (TSE:ENB). The German utility holds a 50.1% stake in each scheme, while its partner owns the remaining 49.9%.

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Veselina Petrova

Veselina Petrova is one of Renewables Now's most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription