•  
  •  
  •  

Germany has 609-MW offshore wind farm up and running

The Hohe See and Albatros wind complex. Image By: EnBW (www.enbw.com).

January 13 (Renewables Now) - The 609-MW Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farm complex in the German part of the North Sea is now fully operational, EnBW Energie Baden Wuerttemberg AG (ETR:EBK) announced on Friday.

With a total of 87 turbines, the offshore wind complex is now Germany’s largest facility of its kind, capable of meeting the power consumption of all homes in Munich. The full completion of the complex came with the grid-connection of the 112-MW Albatros wind farm, which is powered by 16 Siemens Gamesa turbines. Hohe See, its sister wind park, has been generating electricity with its 71 machines since October 2019.

The construction of the two power plants was finalised in September last year, according to the schedule.

German utility EnBW is the majority owner of the two power plants with a 50.1% stake in each of them. Its partner is Canada's Enbridge Inc (TSE:ENB), which owns the remaining 49.9%.

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Veselina Petrova

Veselina Petrova is one of Renewables Now's most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription