GE Renewable Energy commissions 180-MW hydro plant in India

Author: Matt Berlin. License: Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic

July 26 (Renewables Now) - GE Renewable Energy, the renewables arm of US industrial conglomerate General Electric (NYSE:GE), today announced the commissioning of the 180-MW Bajoli Holi run-of-the-river hydropower plant (HPP) in Himachal Pradesh, northern India.

Acting as an engineering and manufacturing supplier for the project, GE Hydro Solutions, part of GE Power India Limited (GEPIL), connected the plant’s three 60-MW units to the grid in March 2022 and has now achieved full commissioning.

The facility, built on the river Ravi in the Chamba district, supplies electricity to Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport, covering 94% of its demand. The remaining 6% are met with on-site solar power generation.

Join Renewables Now's free daily newsletter now!

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Ivan Shumkov

Ivan is the mergers and acquisitions expert in Renewables Now with a passion for big deals and ambitious capacity plans.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription
\