EWE completes construction of 108 MW offshore wind park Riffgat
Jul 18, 2013 - German energy provider EWE AG said on Wednesday it had finalised the construction of the commercial Riffgat offshore wind park in the North Sea, which has a capacity of 108 MW.
During a construction period of 14 months, a total of 30 wind turbines delivered by Siemens (ETR:SIE) were installed. The wind farm is expected to be producing enough clean electricity to supply 120,000 households.
The investment in the wind park was estimated at around EUR 450 million (USD 589.3m), news portal NWZ Online reported.
The wind farm is expected to be connected to the grid in the next few weeks, EWE said. Dutch TenneT is currently working on the last section of the 50 kilometres (31 miles) sea cable.
EWE Vertrieb GmbH, a 90%-subsidiary of EWE AG, holds 90% in the project company, while Enova Energiesysteme GmbH & Co KG owns the remaining 10%.