•  
  •  
  •  

Enel Green Power commissions 74 MW of Spanish wind farms

Wind farm. Source: Endesa

December 5 (Renewables Now) - Enel Green Power Espana (EPGE) has grid-connected the 39.37-MW Campoliva II and the 34.65-MW Primoral wind farms, both in Zaragoza province, Spain.

The twin projects, which at some point were built simultaneously, involved investments totalling EUR 75 million (USD 83.3m), EPGE’s parent company Endesa SA (BME:ELE) said Thursday.

The Primoral project emerged from a power purchase agreement (PPA) that Endesa signed with Spanish banking group Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA (BME:BBVA). It features ten turbines capable of generating some 107.58 GWh per year. Electricity from the new wind farm will meet 30% of the lender’s consumption needs in Spain, while Endesa will cover the remaining 70% via the traditional model based on green certificates.

Campoliva II is part of 540 MW of wind capacity that EGPE secured in the Spanish government renewable energy auction in 2017. The wind farm with its 15 turbines will produce 119.34 GWh of clean power per year.

So far, EPGE has commissioned 160 MW of the awarded wind capacity and is due to finish and connect the remaining projects by the end of the year.

(EUR 1.0 = USD 1.110)

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author

Sladjana has significant experience as a Spain-focused business news reporter and is now diving deeper into the global renewable energy industry. She is the person to seek if you need information about Latin American renewables and the Spanish market.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription