Endesa to supply renewable energy to Barcelona trade show biz
Endesa's wind park in Motilla del Palancar
Spanish utility Endesa SA (BME:ELE) said on Monday that it has been awarded a contract to supply 100% renewable energy to Barcelona-based trade shows host Fira de Barcelona.
The contract followed a public tender in which Endesa won the opportunity to supply 33 GWh per year for the next five years. Thanks to the agreement, Fira de Barcelona has ensured that power needs by its three major venues and fair spaces in Catalonia’s capital are fully covered with renewables, Endesa said.
The utility’s renewables division Enel Green Power Espana will supply 40% of the contracted volume from its two wind farms in Catalonia, while the remaining 60% will come from other green sources, according to Endesa’s statement.
Sladjana has significant experience as a Spain-focused business news reporter and is now diving deeper into the global renewable energy industry. She is the person to seek if you need information about Latin American renewables and the Spanish market.