Bavaria freezes approval of new wind parks - report
Dec 11, 2013 - German southeast state of Bavaria will not issue any more approvals for wind power parks and has put ongoing projects currently on hold, German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung said on Sunday.
The reason is the decision of the minister of Bavaria, Horst Seehofer, to increase the minimum distance between wind turbines to ten times the hub height from the previously required 800 metres (2,600 ft). The measure threatens some EUR 24.5 million (USD 33.8m) of planned projects.
Seehofer's decision is in contrast with the planned by the German government construction of 1,500 new wind turbines in Bavaria by 2021, the newspaper said.
Project developer Peter Wust told Suedeutsche that he plans together with 240 citizens of the town of Langenzenn to file a complaint against the state authorities as their investments in a community participation wind power project have been put at risk.