Swedish Waste-to-Energy Solutions Provider Usitall May Build Waste-Fuelled Energy Plant in Romania
BUCHAREST (Romania), October 23 (SeeNews) – Swedish waste-to-energy solutions provider Usitall has signed a memorandum of understanding with the local authorities in the southeastern Romanian county of Tulcea and may build a waste-fuelled power plant in the region, a company official said on Thursday.
“This memorandum of understanding concerns joint efforts to work on a pre-feasibility assessment for establishing a plant in the region of Tulcea,” Usitall’s sales manager, Samar Nath, told SeeNews over the phone from Sweden.
The capacity and the necessary investment will be disclosed after the pre-feasibility and feasibility studies will be completed.
“We don’t know the answers [about the capacity and the investment] yet and we don’t want to speculate,” Nath said. “What I can say is that it will be a considerable investment.”
The new plant aims to solve the waste problems in the region of Tulcea. “We consider Tulcea to be an interesting area to help, the Danube delta region is of a great value to protect from the environmental point of view,” he said.
The company is interested in central and eastern Europe but its projects there are in the initial stage, Samar Nath said.
Usitall (www.usitall.se) was set up in 2007 to export the know-how and experience of its mother-company, Tekniska Verken, in waste management, power production and distribution. Tekniska Verken owns 70% of the company, while Swedish aerospace and defense company Saab hold the remaining 30%.