•  
  •  
  •  

Japan's SymEnergy, Orix complete 19.6-MW PV plant in Aomori

Author: Takver. License: Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic.

December 5 (Renewables Now) - Japan's SymEnergy Inc and domestic financial services conglomerate Orix Corp (TYO:8591) have completed works on a 19.6-MW solar park in Aomori prefecture, the former said Wednesday.

The solar power plant was built in an area of approximately 48 hectares (118.6 acres) in Shichinohe town. It is expected to generate 20,000 MWh per year, which is enough to meet the annual demand of some 5,500 local households. Power generation is set to being in January 2020, the firm stated.

Shichinohe was developed through a joint venture (JV) named Aomori Shichinohe Mega Solar Power Plant GK, in which Orix controls 65% and SymEnergy holds the remaining 35%. Maintenance related works will be entrusted to local companies, thus creating employment in the region, SymEnergy noted.

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Lucas Morais

Lucas is based in Brazil. He joined Renewables Now to expand coverage of the Ibero-American market, a highly attractive destination for green energy investment.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription