Vestas turbines in Sweden. Courtesy of Vestas Wind Systems A/S.
The 26.4-MW Langmarken wind farm in southern Sweden, partly owned by the European Investment Bank (EIB), has been officially inaugurated.
The scheme is the first wind power project in Sweden financed under EIB’s European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI), the lender said on Tuesday.
The eight-turbine facility in Kristinehamn, Varmland County, was developed and constructed by Swedish group Eolus Vind AB (STO:EOLU B). Six of the Vestas V126 3.3 MW turbines are owned by EIB and French banking services provider Natixis SA’s investment unit Mirova, while the other two are property of the City of Malmo and the Kalmar County Council. The machines started power generation in the first quarter of 2017. They are managed and operated by Eolus.
Through a common vehicle, EIB and the Mirova-Eurofideme fund own 90% of the project company. The bank has provided EUR 16 million (USD 17.8m) to help finance the project. The remaining 10% are held by Eolus.
Veselina Petrova is one of Renewables Now's most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.