Hexicon raises stake in 1.3-GW floating wind project off Korea

Image by Hexicon (www.hexicongroup.com)

August 5 (Renewables Now) - Swedish floating wind specialist Hexicon AB (STO:HEXI) on Wednesday said it is lifting its stake in the 1.3-GW MunmuBaram floating wind project off the south-east coast of South Korea.

Hexicon owns 49% of Hexicon Korea, a joint venture with Korean company COENS and Co, which has hitherto owned 20% of MunmuBaram, giving Hexicon an indirect ownership of slightly below 10%. The Swedish firm is now increasing its direct ownership and buying 20% of the project company from Hexicon Korea. Shell Overseas Investments BV holds the remaining 80% in the project company.

“The MunmuBaram Project stands out in our portfolio with its size and maturity, and increasing our ownership signals our commitment and belief in the project,” said Hexicon chief executive Marcus Thor.

In March, Hexicon said that the MunmuBaram project has secured exclusive development rights for its full planned capacity after the award of two additional electricity business licences by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy.

Join Renewables Now's free daily newsletter now!

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Plamena Tisheva

Plamena has been a UK-focused reporter for many years. As part of the Renewables Now team she is taking a keen interest in policy moves.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription
\