Oct 15, 2014 - EDF EN Canada Inc, part of French group EDF Energies Nouvelles, said yesterday it has cut the ribbon on its 24.6-MW La Mitis community wind farm in the province of Quebec.
The wind power facility is located in Lac-a-la-Croix in the La Mitis regional county municipality (RCM). It is 30%-owned by Energie renouvelable de la Mitis, a company created by the La Mitis RCM, with EDF EN holds the remaining 70%.
The park is being powered by 12 turbines supplied by Germany’s Senvion, part of Indian wind turbine maker Suzlon Energy Ltd (BOM:532667). Their output will be sold to local utility Hydro-Quebec under a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
The La Mitis RCM will receive CAD 61,500 (USD 54,300/EUR 43,000) in annual proceeds from the project for the first 20 years of operations. The project also come with a community development fund of CAD 200,000.
By the end of 2015, EDF EN will have put on stream 1,374 MW of wind and solar parks in Canada, it noted.
Veselina Petrova is one of Renewables Now's most experienced green energy writers. For several years she has been keeping track of game-changing events both large and small projects and across the globe.